Looking and feeling your best go hand in hand, especially when it comes to starring as the blushing bride. And that’s why we love wedding dresses that have the versatility and variety to embrace each and every gorgeous part of a curvy figure. From design patterns to silhouettes, these tips prove that when it comes to finding your perfect dress to fit and flatter, nothing’s off limits!
- Think about the features you absolutely love about your body and start from there! The key to finding that dream wedding dress is accentuating the parts you feel most confident with. If you love your shoulders and decolletage, consider a dreamy off-the-shoulder wedding gown that will draw all the attention to those killer collar bones! Or, if you’re all about the booty, go for a mermaid wedding gown that will hug every inch of those gorgeous curves!
- Comfort is key! And not just how the wedding dress feels on you, but how you feel in the wedding dress. Try a wedding gown with sleeves for a more modest look that also gives your arms a slim and elongated appearance! If you’re looking for support, thick straps or a tight bodice with plenty of sparkles, of course. A silky material with draping and ruching is another way to accentuate those fabulous curves, and give you a sexy silhouette!
- It’s amazing how the shape of a wedding dress can totally transform a bride’s look. We give the A-line silhouette, with its cinched waist and slim flowing skirt, a total A+ for a supportive style that’s still ultra-delicate and feminine. A fit and flare gown, with a corset, does an amazing job of hugging your upper body and hips before the skirt makes a dramatic flare, for an overall glamorous effect.
- Keep an open mind! It’s tempting to stick to your comfort zone and seek out styles that align with your everyday wear. But when it comes to your wedding dress, you might be surprised at what you love once you get started looking! And there’s no harm in giving a few new designs a chance, you might just find a new favorite.
- Don’t be afraid to make some changes if you need to! If you’ve fallen head over heels for a strapless design but you’re worried it won’t give you the security you need, find out if straps or customized sleeves can be added. Ask about attaching a sparkly belt if you’re looking to tightly cinch your waist.